Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Flying on by....

It always has amazed me how life has felt like it was flying on by, but I swear that each year life just moves even faster. I had one of those rare "calm" mornings with my boys today. They woke up over an hour early which made me a bit nervous at first. Whenever they are up early it typically means that my day will be loaded with tears, temper-tantrums, and a lot of whining. Today, however, was blissfully serene and calm. Maybe it is the "calm before the storm," but whatever it was....it was beautiful!!

Oli nursed like a champ this morning (sometimes he gets a little busy and doesn't nurse as well when Cole is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off) and Cole was actually patient and willing to wait to eat breakfast until I was done with Oli. Cole wanted "mommy's cereal" so we sat at the table and ate our cereal and Oli ate his and we chatted about our dreams, Papa, and many other things. Don't worry....we talked about loaders and other construction vehicles as well.

The rest of the morning was picturesque. The boys played....Oli was entertained by Cole and I got to sit back and just adore my beautiful little boys. I also got to relish in how far Cole has come and how much he has really grown up. Today, he sat and "relaxed" on the couch and "read" his airplane book that we checked out from the library. He told me all sorts of stories while he was looking at the pictures. He also played with his boats. He totally imitated Papa when driving the boat and a few times I heard Cole say, "I gotta get a beer." Apparently, Papa and Daddy aren't the best of role models if he is telling his imaginary people that he needs to get a beer. Oh the joys of parenting!!

I just can't believe how much my little Cole has grown. He is walking, talking, running, jumping, and playing on his own. He is comprehending what comes next as well as what comes before. He recognizes and knows some of his colors. He is counting. He LOVES to read. Most importantly, however, he still will come back to me and lay his head on me for a back rub and some kisses. I hope that those little moments never stop. I thank whoever is above us everyday for the gifts and blessings that I have been given. I couldn't imagine two more beautiful little boys in my life or a better more handsome husband than I already have. Life is good....even if it is flying by!!

Today is the big day in Wisconsin....vote for Shilling or go home!!! In the words of Cole, "Bye-bye 'Panke'!"

Mama bear is signing off....VOTE today!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment